Friday, January 2, 2009

Kakum National Park

In addition to Cape Coast, we traveled about a half an hour north to Kakum National Park, which has a canopy walk above the rain forest floor (one of four in the world).

Most people have asked me if we were going to go on a safari in Africa, but the southern part of Ghana is rain forest.




I didn't think that Ghana could get any more hot or humid for that matter, but I was wrong.
The guide book I brought along had noted that the canopy walk was a bit over emphasized, but I was completely amazed. Approximately 200 ft up, the view was quite breathtaking.

The untouched trees stretched up forever, some were so tall, it looked like they would never stop growing.


The seven bridges were single file; a plank of wood on a metal ladder with rope netting. A little scary at first, because the bridges easily sway, but once you get over looking down at the plank you are walking on, it's quite beautiful.

Gorgeous.

1 comment: