Monday, December 22, 2008

How hot is it?

Chan here.

I’ve been assigned the task of answering the question “How hot is it?”

I don’t think that assigning a number to this heat would do it justice. I can’t even breathe without sweating. And I have my first-ever heat rash all over my chest and neck (it’s quite attractive). Sara came up with an ingenious idea last night though: freeze water bottles and sleep on top of them! Yes, it’s that hot. And thank you Sara – ice under the head has slowed my rate of perspiration. The three of us (Sara, Andrea and I) are sharing a king-sized bed (Dan, if you are reading this, it is way too hot for you to even imagine us having a pillow fight so forget about it) with a lovely, crocheted blanket. What I want to know is: why do blankets even exist in Ghana? Why.

And the bugs. These mosquitoes laugh at my bug spray. Seriously. I hear them giggle as they buzz away after biting me.

1 comment:

  1. How about rubbing each other with ice cubes? That might do the trick ;)

    ReplyDelete