Thursday, December 18, 2008

Why Ghana?

Many friends have asked me why I am specifically visiting Ghana, to which there is an easy answer: I'm going to visit a friend.

Akwasi, a very good Ghanaian friend from school, was telling me and my roommate Chandra that he would make a trip home for Christmas. Now, having the travel bug, and seeing as how I try to visit anywhere where I know someone who either knows the language or has lived locally, we asked if we could join him.

Fast forward 8 months, Akwasi, his girlfriend Andrea, Chandra and I will be on a plane to Accra tonight.

For the next three weeks we will be primarily staying with Akwasi's parents and three sisters, at their home in Accra. We don't have too many concrete plans yet, as it will be Christmas and New Years, but we're up for pretty much anything.

1 comment:

  1. GOOOOOOD LUCK have so much fun We'll miss you.

    Who is going to help me forget to bring the Christmas stocking gifts to Grams? I'll just have to leave them at home myself.

    Love you, and don't forget about our deal with the camera. SAFARI.

    ReplyDelete